Mercyhealth Development Foundation supports the medical excellence and compassionate care delivered to patients throughout Mercyhealth. We offer you a multitude of opportunities to make a difference through charitable giving. We are grateful to you, our donors, for sharing our passion for making lives better. Your charitable donations will continue to play an integral role in making good things happen for those we serve. On behalf of the many patients and families who will benefit, thank you for your generosity.
One option for making a gift to the Foundation is to contribute to our general fund, also known as the Foundation’s Greatest Needs which provides assistance to help purchase innovative equipment and funding for capital improvement projects.
You also have the option to select a specific area within Mercyhealth to support. Through generous gifts made by donors, the Foundation is helping improve lives by supporting the valuable programs and services listed below:
- Cancer Center: The Foundation provides resources and supports programs that enhance care for cancer patients and their families.
- Rooftop Garden Playground: We are raising funds to support the creation of a rooftop children’s garden and playground at the new Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center – Riverside.
- Emergency Management Systems (EMS): The Foundation helps purchase such items as LUCAS Chest Compression Systems for area fire and rescue crews.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): We support the excellent care delivered in the NICU to our smallest patients and their families to give them the best start at life.
- Children’s Services: The Foundation enhances the care and comfort of our pediatric patients in a variety of ways such as purchasing equipment and toys and games.
- The Mercyhealth Women’s Centers: We provide items and services that support women at every stage of their lives who are receiving care at our Women’s Centers in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- House of Mercy Homeless Center: Since 1996, this facility in Janesville has provided shelter and support to more than 6,300 people, half of whom are children. Residents are not only given a comfortable bed, warm meals and a safe place to call home, they also receive resources and counseling to make a fresh start. The Foundation provides assistance with rent deposits, educational expenses, transportation and child care expenses, and much more.
Click for more information about House of Mercy Homeless Center.
- Autism Support Fund (ASF): The Foundation makes financial resources available to families for social skills, classes, sensory equipment, respite care, safety equipment and therapeutic materials.
Click for more information about the Autism Support Fund.
Click here for our Autism Support Fund Grant Application Instructions and Form.
- Mercyhealth at Home (formerly known as Rockford Visiting Nurses Association in Illinois and Mercy Assisted Care in Wisconsin): We provide comfort, compassion and support through home health and hospice services wherever a patient resides. Mercyhealth Development Foundation funds complementary programs such as Making Memories, Pet Peace of Mind and Music for the Heart.
Other Programs the Foundation Supports
CLUB 25 (Wisconsin) – Legacy Mercy partners have the opportunity to donate $25/month via payroll deduction in support of the House of Mercy Homeless Center. For more information, or to donate please contact Jennifer Johns at the Foundation at 608-755-8821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENDOWMENTS – Donors can make significant and lasting gifts that benefit the excellent medical care offered by Mercyhealth. Endowments provide a stable and growing source of funding now and into the future for important purposes specified by the donor.
- Gary & Tina Kaatz Endowment for Innovation – Proceeds from the endowment will be used to fund innovative projects that provide long-term benefits to help our caregivers learn about new treatments and technology, to purchase the latest equipment, or to fund specialized innovation-related programs and initiatives.
- The Dr. James W. Breckenridge Endowment for Anesthesia and Surgery – Proceeds provide ongoing support for the Surgery Department, its physicians and staff, and the patients who receive such outstanding surgical care at Mercyhealth Hospital–Rockton Avenue.
PARTNER CRISIS PROGRAM – Both Legacy Rockford and Legacy Mercy partners have the opportunity to make a donation to help their fellow partners who may be experiencing a variety of crisis or emergency situations in their personal lives.
Giving is easy, and any size gift is appreciated. You can make a gift in the following ways:
- Click on Partner Crisis Program in The Wire
- Complete the personalized form distributed by your manager and return it to the Foundation
- Donate PTO
- Click here to donate via credit card
PHYSICIANS CIRCLE (Illinois) – Current and past members of the Mercyhealth Medial Staff are eligible for membership in the Physicians Circle through annual gifts of $500 or more which help to support the good work of the Mercyhealth Development Foundation.
TRIUMVIRATE RECOGNITION SOCIETY – Steeped in a rich tradition of giving, this prestigious Society was formed in 1978 to recognize major donors to Rockford Memorial Hospital (and now, all of Mercyhealth). The three-sided Triumvirate symbol represents charitable giving, personal volunteerism and support for the advancement of medicine. Annual members contribute $1,000 or more in a calendar year, and permanent members are those who have made lifetime donations totaling $10,000 or more. Permanent members’ names are etched in glass on the beautiful Triumvirate Donor Wall located in the Helen Howell Memorial Lobby of Mercyhealth Hospital–Rockton Avenue. For more information on the Triumvirate Recognition Society, contact the Foundation at 815-971-4141.
WISHBOOK – Every year the Mercyhealth Development Foundation publishes a Wishbook catalog of programs and services that enhance care for our patients and their families. We invite you to make a gift to any of the following areas that the Foundation supports.