Mercyhealth Development Foundation supports the medical excellence and compassionate care delivered to patients throughout Mercyhealth. We offer you a multitude of opportunities to make a difference through charitable giving. We are grateful to you, our donors, for sharing our passion for making lives better. Your charitable donations will continue to play an integral role in making good things happen for those we serve. On behalf of the many patients and families who will benefit, thank you for your generosity.
Foundation’s Greatest Needs
One option for making a gift to the Foundation is to contribute to our general fund, also known as the Foundation’s Greatest Needs which provides assistance to help purchase innovative equipment and funding for capital improvement projects. Click here to make a gift to the Foundation’s Greatest Needs.
Valuable Programs and Services
You also have the option to select a specific area within Mercyhealth to support. Through generous gifts made by donors, the Foundation is helping improve lives by supporting valuable programs and services. Click here to make a gift to any of the following programs:
- Cancer Center: The Foundation provides resources and supports programs that enhance care for cancer patients and their families.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): We support the excellent care delivered in the NICU to our smallest patients and their families to give them the best start at life.
- Children’s Services: The Foundation enhances the care and comfort of our pediatric patients in a variety of ways such as purchasing equipment and toys and games.
- Mercyhealth Women’s Centers: We provide items and services that support women at every stage of their lives who are receiving care at our Women’s Centers in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- House of Mercy Homeless Center: Since 1996, the House of Mercy Homeless Center in Janesville has provided shelter and support to more than 6,600 people, half of whom are children. Residents are not only given a comfortable bed, warm meals and a safe place to call home, they also receive resources and counseling to make a fresh start. The Foundation provides assistance with rent deposits, educational expenses, transportation and child care expenses, and much more. Click here to view their online wish list.
- Autism Support Fund (ASF): The Foundation makes financial resources available to families for social skills, classes, sensory equipment, respite care, safety equipment and therapeutic materials. Click here for more information about the Autism Support Fund. Click here for our Autism Support Fund Grant Application Instructions and Form. Click here to apply online.
- Mercyhealth at Home (formerly known as Rockford Visiting Nurses Association in Illinois and Mercy Assisted Care in Wisconsin): We provide comfort, compassion and support through home health and hospice services wherever a patient resides. Mercyhealth Development Foundation funds complementary programs such as Making Memories, Pet Peace of Mind and Music for the Heart.
Other Programs the Foundation Supports
- Club 25 (Wisconsin) – Mercyhealth partners have the opportunity to donate $25/month via payroll deduction in support of the House of Mercy Homeless Center. For more information, or to donate, please contact Jennifer Johns at the Foundation at (608) 755-8821 or email@example.com.
- Endowments – Donors can make significant and lasting gifts that benefit the excellent medical care offered by Mercyhealth. Endowments provide a stable and growing source of funding now and into the future for important purposes specified by the donor.
- Gary & Tina Kaatz Endowment for Innovation – Proceeds from the endowment will be used to fund innovative projects that provide long-term benefits to help our caregivers learn about new treatments and technology, to purchase the latest equipment, or to fund specialized innovation-related programs and initiatives.
- The Dr. James W. Breckenridge Endowment for Anesthesia and Surgery – Proceeds provide ongoing support for the Surgery Department, its physicians and staff, and the patients who receive such outstanding surgical care at Mercyhealth Hospital–Rockton Avenue.
- Partner Crisis Program – Mercyhealth partners have the opportunity to make a donation to help their fellow partners who may be experiencing a variety of crisis or emergency situations in their personal lives. Giving is easy, and any size gift is appreciated. You can make a gift in the following ways: